Pager Power is a technical planning consultancy assisting developers and planners across the world in the solar, wind, building and aviation sectors. The company is growing rapidly with the high demand for renewable energy, and we are therefore seeking to expand our team.
In everything we do, we are guided by our six company values – these are as follows:
- We are PROFESSIONAL – We aspire to deliver the highest levels of professional competence, efficiency and quality in our work, treating clients and colleagues with respect at all times.
- We are PROACTIVE – We take ownership of our actions, thinking and planning ahead, anticipating issues, finding solutions and communicating with clients and colleagues in a timely manner.
- We are EXPERTS – We constantly seek to develop our skills and technical knowledge, keeping up to date with developments in all relevant industry sectors.
- We are APPROACHABLE – We are patient, helpful and friendly in all our interactions with clients and colleagues.
- We are GROWTH MINDED – We strive to continuously improve what we do and how we do it, remaining positive in the face of challenges.
- We are HONEST – We work with honesty and integrity, acknowledging areas for development.
If you believe you hold the same values, then read further.
Role: Technical Analyst
Our close-knit team needs a confident, technically minded and hard-working full-time Technical Analyst to join one of our Operations Teams within our Sudbury office. We are looking for someone with a growth mindset, who wants to see themselves and the company they represent succeed in every way. The role will see the candidate undertaking technical reports within the areas of renewables, aviation and telecommunications. They will then be tasked with producing scopes of work with fee estimates, writing reports, and liaising with clients and stakeholders. The candidate will need to be confident, a team player and have a keen eye for project management with a customer-focused outlook. We create experts at Pager Power however any experience within our area of business would be welcome. There will be opportunities for additional tasks and projects as you progress.
The successful candidate will receive comprehensive training and support from the start to enable them to grow into the role. The role enables constant opportunities for personal development and growth within the business. After initial training, duties will include:
- Answering the phone and managing emails;
- Taking inquiries and producing scopes of work with fee estimates;
- Liaising with clients and stakeholders;
- Writing technical planning reports;
- Surveying across the UK and occasionally internationally;
- Attending conferences and other industry events;
- Produce website content;
- Providing input into Pager Power technical tools, services and methodologies.
Following completion of the 12-month probationary period, you will be offered the opportunity to work two days from home per week.
It can be a fast-paced and busy working environment, with the contracted hours being 37 hours per week, however on occasion, Technical Analysts do exceed this.
What Our Team Say
We sought feedback on working at Pager Power from our technical team. This is what they said:
Pager Power is a modern and forward-thinking company, with its sights set on strong growth and a more sustainable future. The friendly and inclusive team will help you every step of the way to making real contributions to the renewable energy sector. The ever-changing nature of the projects will keep you engaged and on your toes. The company is also keen on self-improvement, providing plenty of opportunities to learn and develop your skills as you go. Overall, working at Pager Power is a fun and yet challenging work environment, where both independent and team work is sought after and rewarded, and where support from the team, and the company, is always given.
Jacob Cunningham, Technical Analyst
The working is challenging, interesting, and rewarding; The team is friendly, we support each other, but you’re given the freedom to manage your own workload and trusted with it and there is a sociable work environment with quarterly socials.
Aaron Williams, Senior Technical Analyst
The environment is very friendly and welcoming, which makes the office an enjoyable place to work. The team are very supportive of one another and assist in problem-solving where needed. We are also given the independence to manage our own projects, and the work we complete is both challenging and engaging.
Hannah McNaul, Operations Manager (formerly Technical Analyst)
Essential Experience and Skills
- You can write clearly and effectively in English;
- You can use MS Office (Outlook, Word and Excel);
- You have strong problem solving skills;
- You can engage with people and work well in a team;
- You can work to a high professional standard;
- You have a confident and polite manner;
- You are diligent, hard-working and committed to realising success for yourself and for the company;
- You have a driving licence (or anticipate passing your driving test within the next 12 months).
Optional Experience and Skills
- You have experience within the aviation, renewable energy, building, planning or telecommunications industries;
- You can understand technical publications/reports in topic areas including aeronautical safeguarding, radar impact, navaids impact, glint and glare or telecommunications impact;
- You understand radio propagation and radar systems;
- You have existing contacts within the relevant industries;
- You are very proficient with MS Word;
- You have advanced Excel skills and can write computer programs, scripts or macros;
- You have experience of professionally communicating in person, by telephone and via email.
Remember none of these are essential – you will learn what you need to when you need to and we will support you.
Candidates will be expected to be educated to a minimum of Degree level (or equivalent) with very good written and spoken English. You must have strong communication, numerical and IT skills. Whilst the area in which you are qualified is not too important, for reference, our technical team members are educated to a minimum of Degree level within the areas of Maths, Natural Sciences, Engineering, Planning, Law and Renewable Energy.
Whilst you will learn within the role, we welcome any candidates who can bring with them relevant experience from their education and previous roles.
Salary and Company Benefits
- Base salary in the region of £26k, per annum (based on experience) plus profit share as outlined below;
- 60% of the company is owned by its employees therefore all employees are entitled to a quarterly share of the company’s profits. This offers a realistic opportunity to significantly increase your pay. More information is available upon application;
- Private pension scheme (paid fully by the company);
- Annual gym membership at Kingfisher Leisure Centre in Sudbury, Suffolk;
- Company budget for personal and professional development;
- Eligibility for the company’s Sustainable Travel to Work Scheme;
- Career progression opportunities.
The rate of pay offered will depend on your qualifications and experience.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com