Pager Power is a technical planning consultancy assisting developers and planners across the world in the solar, wind, building and aviation sectors. The company is growing rapidly with the high demand for renewable energy, and we are therefore seeking to expand our team.
In everything we do, we are guided by our six company values – these are as follows:
- We are PROFESSIONAL – We aspire to deliver the highest levels of professional competence, efficiency and quality in our work, treating clients and colleagues with respect at all times.
- We are PROACTIVE – We take ownership of our actions, thinking and planning ahead, anticipating issues, finding solutions and communicating with clients and colleagues in a timely manner.
- We are EXPERTS – We constantly seek to develop our skills and technical knowledge, keeping up to date with developments in all relevant industry sectors.
- We are APPROACHABLE – We are patient, helpful and friendly in all our interactions with clients and colleagues.
- We are GROWTH MINDED – We strive to continuously improve what we do and how we do it, remaining positive in the face of challenges.
- We are HONEST – We work with honesty and integrity, acknowledging areas for development.
If you believe you hold the same values, then read further.
Role: Administrative Officer
Our close-knit team needs a friendly, clever and hard-working full-time Administrative Officer to join one of our Operations Teams within our Sudbury office. We are looking for someone with a growth mindset, who wants to see themselves and the company they represent succeed in every way. The role will see the candidate undertaking tasks to ensure the business runs smoothly and helping the company grow as a result. The role involves providing support to various departments of the business, including finance, operations, and marketing, and there will be opportunities for additional tasks and projects as you progress.
The successful candidate will receive comprehensive training and support from the start to enable them to grow into the role. The role enables constant opportunities for personal development and growth within the business. After initial training, duties will include:
- Preparing proposals;
- Answering the phone;
- Managing emails;
- Managing client data;
- Reviewing commercial documents;
- Produce website content;
- Providing office support.
Following completion of the 12-month probationary period, you will be offered the opportunity to work two days from home per week.
It can be a fast-paced and busy working environment, with the contracted hours being 37 hours per week, however on occasion, team members do exceed this.
What Our Team Say
We sought feedback on working at Pager Power from our administrative team. This is what they said:
The team are friendly and supportive, we always look out for each other and help wherever we can. Being part of the team requires you to manage your workload independently and together, prioritising important/urgent work and allocating your time well. There are plenty of opportunities to help other members with tasks you maybe don’t do on a day-to-day basis which is great for development within the company.
Georgia Newton, Administrative Officer
Having only started working as an Administrative Officer for Pager Power four months ago, I feel as though I’ve learnt so much within that time. The team provide great assistance and support to help progress and develop further in the role. Everyone is very friendly and helpful when dealing with large workloads and managing complex tasks.
Gabby Rush, Administrative Officer
Since starting at Pager Power as an Administrative Officer in 2021, I have instantly felt like part of a friendly and supportive team. I have been able to learn about all aspects of the business from a commercial perspective, as well as gaining an understanding of the technical side of the business. Professional development is actively encouraged by the company, and I have now progressed to a managerial position with the support of my colleagues.
Rosie Ranson, Operations Manager (formerly Administrative Officer)
Essential Experience and Skills
- You can write clearly and effectively in English;
- You can use MS Office (Outlook, Word and Excel);
- You can engage with people and work well in a team;
- You have a confident and polite telephone manner;
- You can work to a high professional standard;
- You are diligent, hard-working and committed to realising success for yourself and for the company.
Candidates will be expected to be educated to A-Level standard (or equivalent) with good communications, numerical and IT skills.
Salary and Company Benefits
- Base salary in the region of £21k, per annum (based on experience) plus profit share as outlined below;
- 60% of the company is owned by its employees therefore all employees are entitled to a quarterly share of the company’s profits. This offers a realistic opportunity to significantly increase your pay. More information is available upon application;
- Private pension scheme (paid fully by the company);
- Annual gym membership at Kingfisher Leisure Centre in Sudbury, Suffolk;
- Company budget for personal and professional development;
- Eligibility for the company’s Sustainable Travel to Work Scheme;
- Career progression opportunities.
The rate of pay offered will depend on your qualifications and experience.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org