Download the First Edition of the Glint and Glare Guidance PDF here.
The first edition of Pager Power’s Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Glint and Glare Guidance is now complete following several iterations and consultation with key stakeholders and developers. The guidance document can assist the industry by providing a standard methodology for assessing glint and glare for key receptors. The aim is to reduce uncertainty and risk through the planning process by providing a standardised methodology for assessment.
Many developers, planners and stakeholders are unsure of the assessment requirements when it comes to glint and glare and this can subsequently lead to delays in the planning process. Pager Power is an industry leading specialist in this area having completed over 250 glint and glare assessments. We have used the knowledge gained during this time to produce a guidance document which considers the most common glint and glare concerns. Within the guidance, four separate receptor categories are considered, these are:
- Dwellings (residential amenity);
- Roads (safety);
- Rail (safety);
- Aviation (safety).
In total there are ten chapters which are titled as follows:
- Chapter 1: Overview
- Chapter 2: Consultation
- Chapter 3: Literature Review
- Chapter 4: Modelling Parameter Requirements
- Chapter 5: Glint and Glare Impact Significance
- Chapter 6: Assessing the Impact upon Surrounding Dwellings
- Chapter 7: Assessing the Impact upon Road Users
- Chapter 8: Assessing the Impact upon Railway Operations
- Chapter 9: Assessing the Impact upon Aviation Operations
- Chapter 10: Overall Conclusions
The first edition of the guidance can now be downloaded at the top of the page. If you have any questions please get in contact.
Posted By: Danny Scrivener
on 19 April 2017